Sheet Cutting (laser, Water-jet, CNC, etc.)
Choosing Frame Thickness
- When sourcing your material, the thickness of your plastic for your frames sets your frame thickness. Once you know how thick your plastic is, when you click the corresponding download link, you may find it contains a “Face Shield Cut File” optimized for use with the thickness you chose. If your exact material thickness is not shown below, you may choose the next larger size, so that the slots in the face shield may be big enough to be used with your frames.
Optimized Cutting Layout
- In the downloaded ZIP, you may find the “Optimized 8in x 12in Layout…” cut file provides the least material waste for your cut, to minimize costs.
- You may cut 3 frame sets from an 8in x 12in sheet of plastic, or 18 frames from a 2ft x 2ft sheet of plastic, etc.
- Note, all files contained in this design distribution have INCHES as their base units.
- To download a ZIP with the design files, click the button for your frame thickness below, and then click the "Download" button at the top of the next page.
Designs are provided for free during the declared COVID-19 pandemic. We hope to empower makers and manufacturers, to get involved, adapt to the twists and turns of the pandemic, and help supply PPE to the medical professionals working hard to keep us safe.
The FDA has updated its enforcement policies to include guidelines on distribution and use of face shields during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency. To ensure that your produced face shields intended for a medical purpose meet FDA guidelines, they should
- include labeling that accurately describes the product as a face shield and includes a list of the body-contacting materials (which does not include any drugs, or biologics);
- not contain any flammable materials (unless labeled with a recommendation against use in the presence of high intensity heat source or flammable gas);
- not be labeled for any use that would create an undue risk in light of the public health emergency (for example, the labeling should not include uses for antimicrobial or antiviral protection or related uses or uses for infection prevention or reduction or related uses, or for radiation protection).
You should follow this link (https://www.fda.gov/media/136449/download) to read the full-text document of the guidelines before beginning production, to ensure your product meets FDA guidelines. Specifically, Section V(B) outlines FDA’s recommendations and current thinking about products not intended for medical use, and Section V(D) addresses products intended for medical use.
Terms and Conditions - Addibots Roadways provides any intellectual property rights that it may have in this design for free during the Covid-19 declared pandemic provided that any user, by their use of the design or any modification of the design, agrees that Addibots Roadways makes no warrantee, guarantee, or suggestion of fitness of any use of the design.
Any recommendations included on this page, or in downloaded files should be followed at the user’s discretion, and Addibots Roadways makes no warrantee, guarantee, or suggestion of fitness of any impact that following, or ignoring, these recommendations has on the resulting design manufactured by the user.