Other Manufacturing Types
Choosing Frame Thickness
- Different frame thicknesses may be better for fit, or for different manufacturing methods.
- Whichever thickness you may choose, the corresponding download link has multiple different file types that may be used to set up a manufacturing line with that thickness.
Included File Types
- Solid and 2D file types have been included, to enable manufacturing with different methods.
- DXF/PDF cut files may be used for different cutting methods. Filleted STL/STEP files (solid with rounded corners), may be used for molding, or other methods. Extruded STL/STEP files have also been included, with un-filleted corners.
Full Frame Set - 2 Pieces
- Note, a full frame set includes 2 manufactured pieces – a headband (“AddiR-1-O-...”) and a bottom face shield support (“AddiR-1-BO-...”).
- For example, for the 1/8” thick, filleted frame type, a full frame set includes BOTH “AddiR-1-O-F1/8”, the headband, and “AddiR-1-BO-F1/8”, the face shield support.
- Note, all files contained in this design distribution have INCHES as their base units.
- To download a ZIP with the design files, click the button for your frame thickness below, and then click the "Download" button at the top of the next page.
Designs are provided for free during the declared COVID-19 pandemic. We hope to empower makers and manufacturers, to get involved, adapt to the twists and turns of the pandemic, and help supply PPE to the medical professionals working hard to keep us safe.
The FDA has updated its enforcement policies to include guidelines on distribution and use of face shields during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency. To ensure that your produced face shields intended for a medical purpose meet FDA guidelines, they should
- include labeling that accurately describes the product as a face shield and includes a list of the body-contacting materials (which does not include any drugs, or biologics);
- not contain any flammable materials (unless labeled with a recommendation against use in the presence of high intensity heat source or flammable gas);
- not be labeled for any use that would create an undue risk in light of the public health emergency (for example, the labeling should not include uses for antimicrobial or antiviral protection or related uses or uses for infection prevention or reduction or related uses, or for radiation protection).
You should follow this link (https://www.fda.gov/media/136449/download) to read the full-text document of the guidelines before beginning production, to ensure your product meets FDA guidelines. Specifically, Section V(B) outlines FDA’s recommendations and current thinking about products not intended for medical use, and Section V(D) addresses products intended for medical use.
Terms and Conditions - Addibots Roadways provides any intellectual property rights that it may have in this design for free during the Covid-19 declared pandemic provided that any user, by their use of the design or any modification of the design, agrees that Addibots Roadways makes no warrantee, guarantee, or suggestion of fitness of any use of the design.
Any recommendations included on this page, or in downloaded files should be followed at the user’s discretion, and Addibots Roadways makes no warrantee, guarantee, or suggestion of fitness of any impact that following, or ignoring, these recommendations has on the resulting design manufactured by the user.