Frame Set Print File
- The “Frame Set - AddiR-1-3D.STL” file contains both the frame and bottom support pieces, laid out so you may conveniently place both onto your build plate, with just one file.
- To allow for customizable overnight print times, the “Print Optimized Stacks” folder contains multiple STL files with different stack heights, for your convenience.
- Note, stringing may happen inside the curves of each part, as these stacked files don't contain extra support material to prevent stringing (which would add extra print time and material waste). This may be normal, and strings may easily be removed when you take the stacks apart.
Face Shield Cut File
- The included “Cut File – Face Shield for 3D Printed Design (AddiR-1-F-3_20)” is optimized for use with this 3D printed frame design. It may be laser cut, or cut by other methods.
- Transparent plexiglass-like material (plexiglass, polycarbonate, PET, etc.) with a thickness between 0.01”-0.04” may be best to provide adequate stiffness, but enough flexibility to fit on the frames. Thinner or thicker plastics, may not fit this design.
- Note, all files contained in this design distribution have INCHES as their base units.
- To download a ZIP with the design files, click the button below, and then click the "Download" button at the top of the next page.
Designs are provided for free during the declared COVID-19 pandemic. We hope to empower makers and manufacturers, to get involved, adapt to the twists and turns of the pandemic, and help supply PPE to the medical professionals working hard to keep us safe.
The FDA has updated its enforcement policies to include guidelines on distribution and use of face shields during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency. To ensure that your produced face shields intended for a medical purpose meet FDA guidelines, they should
- include labeling that accurately describes the product as a face shield and includes a list of the body-contacting materials (which does not include any drugs, or biologics);
- not contain any flammable materials (unless labeled with a recommendation against use in the presence of high intensity heat source or flammable gas);
- not be labeled for any use that would create an undue risk in light of the public health emergency (for example, the labeling should not include uses for antimicrobial or antiviral protection or related uses or uses for infection prevention or reduction or related uses, or for radiation protection).
You should follow this link (https://www.fda.gov/media/136449/download) to read the full-text document of the guidelines before beginning production, to ensure your product meets FDA guidelines. Specifically, Section V(B) outlines FDA’s recommendations and current thinking about products not intended for medical use, and Section V(D) addresses products intended for medical use.
Terms and Conditions - Addibots Roadways provides any intellectual property rights that it may have in this design for free during the Covid-19 declared pandemic provided that any user, by their use of the design or any modification of the design, agrees that Addibots Roadways makes no warrantee, guarantee, or suggestion of fitness of any use of the design.
Any recommendations included on this page, or in downloaded files should be followed at the user’s discretion, and Addibots Roadways makes no warrantee, guarantee, or suggestion of fitness of any impact that following, or ignoring, these recommendations has on the resulting design manufactured by the user.